The New Voices Citizen Fellowship is a citizen-participatory program of the Raising New Voices Initiative geared towards encouraging and supporting citizens in the grassroots communities advocating for local community issues. The Fellowship will induct 30 young leaders into a year-long program starting from March 2021 to November 2021.
Fellows will be required to identify a community challenge or issue that they are passionate about and will be working to solve during their fellowship. The local issues that fellows will be focusing on may include; water and sanitation, access to healthcare, child marriage, human rights and civic education, rural access to electricity, access to quality education, infrastructure development amongst others.
Our goal is to build a pool of young citizens with the skills to demand good governance through democratic channels and young political leaders who will take an active part in political parties, run for office, and in the same vein achieve the dividends of democracy for their local communities. Using this model, the New Voices Citizens Fellowship will raise one young leader in all of the 774 local governments in Nigeria.
Who should apply?
If you are engaged in any sector of society and have shown a commitment to represent the common interest of the Nigerian people. Then we would love to hear from you.
Candidate must be;
– Between the ages of 18 and 30 by the time of application
– Must be resident in Osun state for at least 2 years
– Must reside in any of the 30 local governments in Osun state
– Conversant with socio-economic and political issues in Nigeria
– Have potential to be positive role models
– Must be willing to put in the time for the fellowship between March and November
– Cater for your transport to/from the training in Oshogbo
– Must have at least SSCE
Interested applicants should apply using the form below.
Women and Persons living with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
The deadline is February 28th, 2022
Send all inquiries, requests, and complains to hello@Raisingnewvoices.org